Links to other educational sites
We have over 70 downloadable and printable information sheets for you to search and access free of charge on this website. Just head back to the main News and Education page and scroll to the bottom to find our advice sheets. If they're not enough, here is a compilation of the websites we find useful for providing advice to horse owners. Remember, if you ever have any questions you are welcome to call and speak to one of our vets or email the office for advice. If you have any other suggestions for great websites you like using to get horsey information, let us know and we'll add it to this list.
- EQUITATION SCIENCE - www.equitationscience.com
- This is the official website of the International Society for Equitation Science, a not-for-profit organisation that chiefly aims to facilitate research into the training of horses to enhance horse welfare and improve the horse-rider relationship.
- EQUINE GASTRIC ULCERS - www.equinegastriculcers.co.uk
- This site provides a wealth of information about equine gastric ulcer syndrome as well as a risk assessment that you can fill in to find out whether your own horse is as risk.
- THE BRITISH HORSE SOCIETY - http://www.bhs.org.uk/welfare-and-care/free-leaflets
- The BHS website has dozens of downloadable leaflets on a whole range of equine welfare and safety issues.
- THE BLUE CROSS - http://www.bluecross.org.uk/2146/looking-after-your-horse.html
- A great charity and a great site for basic horse care information.
- WORLD HORSE WELFARE - http://www.worldhorsewelfare.org/information-and-advice
- Tips, advice and the latest research into a whole range of equine conditions
- TALK ABOUT LAMINTIS - http://www.talkaboutlaminitis.co.uk/
- Videos and information about Cushings disease and laminitis, and at certain times also vouchers to get a FREE tests for cushings disease